RBC Canadian Open (2023)
Green Event Ninjas is excited to be returning to help Golf Canada and the PGA reduce their environmental footprint in Canada. We are improving our extensive waste diversion initiatives by implementing our distinguished organics program this year. We are continuing to collect all the empty cans produced during the tournament to donate the returns to charity.
- $18.00 /hour
- May 29, 2023 – June 16, 2023
- Day Shift and Night Shifts Available
Pre Event Responsibilities:
- Recycling Ninjas will be assisting our management team in unloading our equipment and placing it throughout the venue.
- This position entails walking, and lifting and carrying equipment up to 50lbs.
During Event Clean up:
- Recycling Ninjas will be picking up loose litter on the ground
- Work with the Green Event Ninjas team and fellow Recycling Ninjas to clear the venue and vending areas.
- Hand-sorting the recycling and other waste streams to maximize the event’s total waste diversion from landfill.
- Cleaning and vacuuming grandstands and tents around the course.
- These tasks involve bending, prolonged periods of standing, consolidating large bags of recycling and refuse, and lifting bags onto push carts, golf carts and trailers.
Post Event Clean up:
- Recycling Ninjas will work with the Green Event Ninjas team members and fellow Recycling Ninjas to clear the venue and vending areas of all event litter, patron debris, and equipment.
- This position entails walking, bending, lifting and handling event waste and recycling.
All appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) will be provided (i.e. protective gloves, face masks, safety goggles, etc.).
Please note that this event takes place outdoors. It may be cold and/or it may rain. Recycling Ninjas are expected to dress for the weather (e.g. rain or shine, warm or cool). Water will be provided, in addition to scheduled breaks and lunch for longer shifts. Uniforms in the form of a cotton T-Shirt will be provided.
Please complete the following form to express your interest in participating in this initiative and to share your contact information with us. We will be communicating with you via email and phone about the a job interview, available positions, scheduling, etc.