Jobs at The Great New York State Fair (2023)
Green Event Ninjas is thrilled to be returning for the third year in a row to help with the waste and recycling initiatives at the New York State Fair. We want to thank all the employees who helped us make this project a success over the past two years, and are excited to announce that we are hiring again this year!
- $18.00 /hour
- August 16, 2023 – September 8, 2023
- Day Shift, Evening Shift and Night Shifts Available
Pre Event Responsibilities:
- Recycling Ninjas will be assisting our management team in unloading our equipment and placing it throughout the venue.
- This position entails walking, and lifting and carrying equipment up to 50lbs.
During Event Clean up:
- Recycling Ninjas will be picking up loose litter on the ground
- Work with the Green Event Ninjas team and fellow Recycling Ninjas to clear the venue and vending areas.
- Change and garbage and recycling bins.
- Deliver waste to trash compactors
- Cleaning and services bathrooms located on the fairgrounds.
- Overnight building cleaning.
- These tasks involve bending, prolonged periods of standing, consolidating large bags of recycling and refuse, and lifting bags onto push carts, golf carts and trailers.
Post Event Clean up:
- Recycling Ninjas will work with the Green Event Ninjas team members and fellow Recycling Ninjas to clear the venue and vending areas of all event litter, patron debris, and equipment.
- This position entails walking, bending, lifting and handling event waste and recycling.
All appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) will be provided (i.e. protective gloves, face masks, safety goggles, etc.).
Please note that this event takes place outdoors. It may be cold and/or it may rain. Recycling Ninjas are expected to dress for the weather (e.g. rain or shine, warm or cool). Water will be provided, in addition to scheduled breaks and lunch for longer shifts. Uniforms in the form of a cotton T-Shirt will be provided.
Please complete the following form to express your interest in participating in this initiative and to share your contact information with us. We will be communicating with you via email and phone about the a job interview, available positions, scheduling, etc.